Monday, March 7, 2011

Forgiveness

Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven." - Matthew 18:21-22

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. - Ephesians 4:32

"Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him." - Luke 17:3-4

"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespassed, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." - Matthew 6:14-15


Are you seeing a trend here? Yesterday we took our youth group to see a movie called The Grace Card. I recommend that everyone go and see this movie. It is an awesome story of grace and forgiveness. This movie literally had me in tears. I know I've talked on this subject before, but I can not express enough the importance of forgiveness. God commands us to follow Him and and forgive those who sin against us the same way that He forgives us when we sin against Him. Think about what Jesus said on the cross. "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." These people were mocking Him, torturing Him, and killing Him. What did He do? He prayed for them. We all have people in our lives who have done us wrong but in order to have peace with ourselves and peace with God, we must find a way to forgive. Seek God and ask Him to help you overcome any anger or hate that you may be feeling toward someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment